Wednesday, March 28, 2018

birthdays and sadness

I have a thing for birthdays...I love them now...I make a big deal out of them and last year  I had some of the best surprises and cakes ever.
But my heart breaks for Curvon, my godson..his birthday is this weekend and the boy has been asking to have a hotel party for weeks and i talked to his mom the other day and she tells me that she hasnt made any plans for his birthday.   That he doesnt really have any friends to have a hotel party or a sleepover or anything..and it hurts my heart.  He is turning 9.  He should have a chance to do something that he wants to do and have a good time and be the center of attention for a little while you know...and instead he get pushed to the side again ... his wishes are not granted ... he doesnt get what he wants and it hurts me...

so i talked to sarah and told her what was going on and we were planning to go out of town anyway this weekend ..to the beach...and i asked her if he could come with us because he wasnt having a party or anything for his birthday and she said he could and so i talked to his mom and got everything squared away..and got the okay and he is coming with us for the weekend.  im happy because he has never been to the beach..im happy because he is going out of town for his birthday..because it will be another new experience for him..i just want him to know that he is loved and important and wanted..
how many lost and forgotten birthdays do i not remember ?  how many parties where i had no friends to invite ?  when was i the center of attention for a little while ??? i dont remember ... sigh....  i wish i could ...
it just makes me sad ... for me .. and for him ..

No comments: